Tuesday, September 30, 2008

October GOALS


Received some very good news today - unexpected good news that will help me progress towards my October GOALS!!

  1. I found the GIS software - from the Surveying Department
  2. Ngarangi answered my email requesting some time with him to develop a Cultural Mapping Series!!
  3. My mate Quenten from Melbourne gave me the heads up about the possibility of developing software for Indigenous GIS!!
  4. Met with Boua yesterday who talked to me about the rich heritage they have embedded in the cultural landscape. He spoke of the myriad of unique sounds that clothe the landscape & reflects the uniqueness of their language!!
Now all i need to do is:
  1. organise a meeting with Huia for some in-house Indigenous GIS training
  2. & organise a meeting with CFRT regarding the possibility of participating in a cultural mapping project
Nice
H24

No comments: